#56 - Rising Through The Ashes Of Addiction with Darren Prince - Episode 56
If a person is struggling with alcohol or drug addiction, every member of the family is affected. But as a loved one, how can you help them recover?
Christopher welcomes Darren Prince to share his story. In this emotional yet inspirational talk with Darren, he shares his journey from struggling and succumbing to addiction to helping and guiding others and getting through addiction.
The Why Intervention Podcast is aimed at helping family and friends feel supported and encouraged that recovery from addiction is possible, for themselves as well as their loved ones. You'll hear how to affect positive change in their life and help your loved one begin a successful recovery. Host Christopher Doyle shares his insights, talks with experts and interviews people who have gone through recovery.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Who is Darren Prince? - 0:31
- The motivation for writing Aiming High. - 1:19
- Reasons why he succumbed to addiction. 5:40
- Did he get support from other people? - 12:47
- The realization: Admitting that there’s a problem. - 16:45
- Did he find himself calling an interventionist or having to be involved in an intervention? - 19:18
- Starting with the Aiming High Foundation. - 33:45
- In the moment of argument, it’s better to feel alright and right. That’s where the strength comes from. - 36:55
- How long did it take Darren to get out of the fog of his old mindset? - 37:34
- Tangible difference between the success of business back then to his business now that he’s sober. - 39:15
- In the past, does Darren think it will be possible for his family or someone around him to say something or do something that might have gotten through to him and help him? - 44:01
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.