#54: How To Go From Hopeless to Healing From Codependency - Episode 54
Is there hope for a person dealing with addiction? Yes, there’s hope for a person struggling and dealing with substance, drugs or alcohol abuse: And it starts with themselves and their families.
Chris welcomes Heidi Le to answer the important question: How can you start healing from addiction? Heidi discusses how music helped her escape the problems starting at her home and how addiction affected not only her father, but also the whole family. She also shares different stories that she experienced as a family member of someone dealing with addiction and their journey of healing and recovery.
The Why Intervention Podcast is aimed at helping family and friends feel supported and encouraged that recovery from addiction is possible, for themselves as well as their loved ones. You'll hear how to affect positive change in their life and help your loved one begin a successful recovery. Host Christopher Doyle shares his insights, talks with experts and interviews people who have gone through recovery.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Codependent No More
- Who is Heidi Le? - 0:31
- How long has Heidi been a rock chick? - 1:42
- Music was an escape for me. - 11:19
- The turmoil at home. - 12:53
- Shifting from pain. - 21:50
- Codependency is linked to addiction. - 28:35
- Respecting other people’s journey: It steals people’s dignity to be telling them what they need to do. - 35:48
- The difference between relapsing pre-recovery and the last relapse. - 37:14
- Recovery begins with you: The recovery that you’ll have is the very best shot that your loved one is going to have at re-engaging with recovery or getting started in recovery. - 40:07
- The two intervention types of conversations Heidi tried with her father. - 50:36
- Tools that helped with the journey of recovery. - 55:28
- Keep in mind: What are the things that are of value to your family member, not just you. - 58:54
- Where can people connect with Heidi? - 1:05:58
- The greatest thing that happened to Heidi, being in recovery today. - 1:07:24
- Thoughts and prayers for Heidi, her father, and her family. - 1:09:48