#51: How People In Addiction Recovery Get Their Story Wrong... AND Why It Matters
Chris and Danny talk about how intervention has an important role. Intervention is the initial recovery spark. Be sure to listen to this episode and understand why people in addiction recovery get their story wrong.
The Why Intervention Podcast is aimed at helping family and friends feel supported and encouraged that recovery from addiction is possible, for themselves as well as their loved ones. You'll hear how to affect positive change in their life and help your loved one begin a successful recovery. Host Christopher Doyle shares his insights, talks with experts and interviews people who have gone through recovery.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- The right way to go to a first recovery meeting - 5:51
- Understanding that you need help - 11:39
- When do you come out of treatment? - 16:51
- Taking ownership of the recovery - 17:24
- The whole definition of addiction - 32:05
- How to get your loved one sober - 38:38
- Treatment programs - 40:36
- The best way to get started - 41:53
- Are you struggling with addiction? - 42:51
- Choosing to stop all the time - 54:46
- Getting sober vs. staying sober - 56:12
- A sort of intervention from a family member - 58:40
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.