#46: Support Your Well Being in a Loved One's Addiction with Mrs. L
Chris has a conversation with Mrs. L, in which they talk about addiction. When you love someone struggling with addiction, no one tells you that you will be straddling two worlds and no one teaches you how to do this. Listen in as they share their thoughts on this topic.
The Why Intervention Podcast is aimed at helping family and friends feel supported and encouraged that recovery from addiction is possible, for themselves as well as their loved ones. You'll hear how to affect positive change in their life and help your loved one begin a successful recovery. Host Christopher Doyle shares his insights, talks with experts and interviews people who have gone through recovery.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Connect with Mrs. L
- Her story: why she felt so isolated - 1:10
- When she first noticed that her husband had a problem - 2:13
- The behaviors got worse - 4:58
- Somebody that does not care about their well being - 13:45
- Needing help for herself - 15:03
- Recovery is a process, it’s one day at a time - 16:06
- Losing self-love - 22:55
- The struggle with substances - 26:26
- It’s powerful to share these type of stories - 41:32
- Love and compassion - 51:07
- Recognizing that there was a problem - 57:06
- The last thing that anybody wants to consider - 58:19
- Prioritizing your well-being - 1:01:58
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.