#45: Turns Out Tough Love Works... Here Are 3 Reasons Why It Doesn't
Are you wondering why tough love has failed to work for you in the past? Chris and Danny discuss misconceptions about tough love, redefine tough love and intervention, and they reveal why tough love hasn't worked in the past.
The Why Intervention Podcast is aimed at helping family and friends feel supported and encouraged that recovery from addiction is possible, for themselves as well as their loved ones. You'll hear how to affect positive change in their life and help your loved one begin a successful recovery. Host Christopher Doyle shares his insights, talks with experts and interviews people who have gone through recovery.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Skeptical feelings around the idea of interventions - 1:36
- Having a punitive feel - 5:00
- Intervention needs tough love - 5:28
- It’s never a good time to go to treatment - 8:34
- The kind of things that families experience - 17:59
- A third party is necessary in this situation - 21:24
- Tolerating the intolerable - 25:05
- Shifting the dynamics of a relationship - 39:45
- Why intervention works - 58:50
- A willingness to escape from fear - 1:02:00
- Intervention is looked at as drama - 1:04:00
- Recovery needs to start with family - 1:06:00
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.