Episode 27: Why is Recovery so Hard?
Mar 28, 2021
Do you want to know why recovery is so hard? Chris and Danny talk about recovery challenges from treatment to long-term sobriety.
The Why Intervention Podcast is aimed at helping family and friends feel supported and encouraged that recovery from addiction is possible, for themselves as well as their loved ones. You'll hear how to affect positive change in their life and help your loved one begin a successful recovery. Host Christopher Doyle shares his insights, talks with experts and interviews people who have gone through recovery.
Listen to the episode here:
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Mental health challenges with the pandemic - 1:49
- Everyone is exhausted - 5:01
- A very difficult year due to covid and substance abuse - 6:27
- Many people looking for help - 8:47
- Why is recovery so hard? - 9:38
- The place matters - 11:04
- Having expectations when it comes to recovery - 12:36
- The environmental shift - 18:28
- A long-term commitment - 22:42
- Establishing new rules - 24:53
- A losing game - 26:59
- Staying away long-term - 32:06
- Detoxing a person - 32:46
- Alcohol and drugs work faster than recovery - 34:50
- Recovery - 36:12
- Recovery needs to be a priority - 37:04
- How to react and how to behave - 38:00
- This is just the beginning - 38:43
- Why intervention exists - 40:43
- You have to realize the severity of the problem - 47:55
- The sooner you take action, the better - 49:58
- There’s no better source than the family - 54:16
If you have a loved one battling addiction, recovery is possible. Schedule a free Clarity Call today.